We the Milbank Group including our companies, Milbank Concrete Products, Sui Generis International, Cadman Cranes and ARK Agriculture, commit to honour the Armed Forces Covenant and support the Armed Forces Community. We recognise the value Serving Personnel, both regular and Reservists, Veterans and military families contribute to our business and our country.
The Armed Forces Covenant is an enduring covenant between the people of the United Kingdom, Her Majesty’s Government, the Milbank Group and all those who serve or have served in the Armed Forces of the Crown and their Families.
The first duty of Government is the defence of the realm. Our Armed Forces fulfil that responsibility on behalf of the Government, sacrificing some civilian freedoms, facing danger and, sometimes, suffering serious injury or death as a result of their duty. Families also play a vital role in supporting the operational effectiveness of our Armed Forces. In return, the whole nation has a moral obligation to the members of the Naval Service, the Army and the Royal Air Force, together with their families. They deserve our respect and support, and fair treatment.
Those who serve in the Armed Forces, whether Regular or Reserve, those who have served in the past, and their families, should face no disadvantage compared to other citizens in the provision of public and commercial services. Special consideration is appropriate in some cases, especially for those who have given most such as the injured and the bereaved.
This obligation involves the whole of society: it includes voluntary and charitable bodies, private organisations, and the actions of individuals in supporting the Armed Forces. Recognising those who have performed military duty unites the country and demonstrates the value of their contribution. This has no greater expression than in upholding this Covenant.
Section 1: Principles of the Armed Forces Covenant
1.1 Milbank Group will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
Section 2: Demonstrating our Commitment
2.1 Milbank Group recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- Promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation by proudly advertising our Armed Forces Covenant Silver Award and promoting our support to Armed Forces Day on our fleet of company vehicles, Social Media and the company website.
- By actively supporting the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers. By hosting “Introduction to Industry” events in cooperation with the local Personnel Recovery Centre and willguarantee a job interview for suitably qualified or interested ex-service personnel and their dependants.
- Striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners by advertising vacancies on Social media, local web-based recruitment and print media in the garrison area.
- Giving special consideration and offering a degree of flexibility in granting leave and / or flexible working for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment.
- Support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, by accommodating their training and deployment where possible, providing additional (paid) leave to participate in their mandated training and encouraging them to participate and promote Reserves Day.
- Offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible.
- Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day by hosting our annual “in house” coffee morning with all donations going to SSAFA.
- By arranging for our Reservists and Trainers to carry out lunchtime lectures to the Milbank Group personnel of their achievements and the benefits the service has given them and how it helps contribute successfully to a civilian organisation such as the Milbank Group.
- By appointing and raising awareness of the Milbank Group Armed Forces Champion and their responsibilities.
2.2 We will publicise these commitments through our literature and/or on our website, setting out how we will seek to honour them and inviting feedback from the Service community and our customers on how we are doing.
We are always looking for new ways to promote our support of our Armed Forces. If you would like to know more about our pledge or if you feel you have something that could contribute towards our efforts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, call us on 01787 223931.